Whisky Tasting - Private or Corporate - Off Site
Posted on May 28, 2022
Thank you for your inquiry regarding Private Scotch and Whisky Tastings. Below is some general information regarding event costs for you to look at.
Please keep in mind there is a tasting fee of $350 that is paid directly to the staff person that hosts the event. This is separate from the costs shown below. Depending on the size and scope of the tasting you are looking for, two or more staff may be needed to accommodate.
The typical pour is a 1/2 oz per bottle for each person, so we can typically get between 40 to 50 pours out of each standard-sized bottle purchased.
· Bourbon Tasting - This would focus on Bourbon Whiskey, which is made in the USA. It would usually involve a lineup of 5 to 7 bottles and focus on Bourbon Whiskey, with a potential Rye Whiskey thrown in for variety's sake. The typical budget for this would run around $600-1000 for ~15-30 people.
· Mid-Range Scotch Whisky Tasting - This tasting would focus on Scotch and Single Malt Whisky made in the Scottish style. It would consist of a lineup of 5 -7 bottles that range between $100 - $200 price-wise. The typical budget for bottles would be around $900 to $1400 for ~15-30 people.
· Higher End Scotch Whisky Tasting - This increases the budget used to select the Scotch Whisky poured for the tasting, offering you a wider range of Whisky to choose between $150 - $350+ per bottle. The range of 5 to 7 bottles usually includes multiple bottles that are 20+ years of age and would cost around $1500 to $2500+ for ~15-30 people.
Those are just three potential options. There is a lot of flexibility within this framework, and you could even blend the budget from two or all three options to come up with the tasting experience you are looking for.
The hosted event itself typically runs between 1 - 1.5 hours in length - sometimes longer if it is an enthusiastic group that wants to take their time and ask questions along the way.
If you also need to rent glassware for the event, we can provide that as well. The charge is $1 per glass with a replacement fee for damaged or lost glasses of $5 per glass. You would want one glass per bottle times the number of people attending. So, if it is a 6-bottle tasting for 15 people plus the host it would be 16 x 6 = 166 glasses for the rental fee. With the rental, we collect the glassware at the finish of the tasting and take care of the washing as well.
If you have any questions on this or would like more information, please contact us at [email protected]
- Going Natural Wine Club - June 2022
- Whisky Tasting - Private or Corporate - Off Site
- Wine Tasting - Private or Corporate - Off Site
- Going Natural Wine Club - April 2022
- Going Natural Wine Club - February 2022
- Going Natural Wine Club - January 2022
- KWM 2021 Whisky Calendar Day 25: SMWS 108.40
- KWM 2021 Whisky Calendar Day 24: Balblair 1991 Vintage
- KWM 2021 Whisky Calendar Day 23: TBWC Macduff 10 Year Old
- KWM 2021 Whisky Calendar Day 22: Woodford Reserve Bourbon